Attached is the statement made by MWANZO MPYA CAUCUS, today 6th APRIL, 2022.
- We are the ones who made Azimio what it is.
- We found out of the AZIMIO LA UMOJA – ONE KENYA coalition in the news like the rest of Kenyans.
- There is an indication the leadership of Azimio is made up of three parties only: Jubilee, ODM & Wiper. This leaves out the other founding parties.
- Coalitions agreement documents have not been shown to us and yet they are insisting that we should sign. We will not agree to this.
- Our candidates have already registered their candidature with our parties and they have an equal right to be in the ballot.
- There is an attempt to run nominations through zoning. Our candidates are already prepared to compete and zoning has no place in the current arrangement.
- We also have our own caucus. The Mwanzo may caucus, which us the fourth leg of the Azimio stool.
- There are currently no provisions for us to be on the elections board. We insist to be also included and to have a voice since we represent a significant voting bloc.
- The so called big parties have already appointed themselves portfolios at our expense.
- We can form our own coalition and enter into a post-election agreement.
- Some of us sacrificed out presidential ambitions to support Azimio and our Azimio presidential candidate.
MWAMZO MPYA CAUCUS DEMANDS
- We should be the fourth leg caucus.
- We must renegotiate the document.
- We cannot have zoning.
- The deposited document has to be withdrawn.
- There has to be concensus on all decisions.
- There has to be consensus on all nominations.
- The Deputy President choice must be through concensus just as we agreed on the presidential candidate
- The positions which we agreed in at K.I.C.C must be honoured.
- If we are not listened to we have options.
MWANZO MPYA CAUCUS
- Kenya Reform Party
- Maendeleo Democratic Party
6TH APRIL, 2022